I am a Multimedia Reporter at Journalism.co.uk and politics enthusiast based in Brighton.
I recently completed my MA in Journalism student at the University of Sussex and also graduated from Sussex with a 2:i in BA History and Politics.
Since graduating, I have worked as a freelancer at Brighton Journal, leading their coverage of the last local elections in Brighton and Hove.
At my time at university, I served as News Editor and Acting Editor of Sussex’s student newspaper, The Badger. You can see behind the scenes at The Badger in this UniTV video. During my time as Acting Editor, I won an award from the Student Publication Association.
I have also been featured in the Guardian during my time as Acting Editor, and on BBC News as a translator on the News at One.
My live coverage of an occupation of a university building in March 2016 on Twitter was also featured on both the Guardian and the Independent. Content I have produced has also featured in The Argus.
I have a particular interest in domestic and international politics.
Brighton Journal (2019):
- What would Labour do for Brighton and Hove?
- What would the Green Party do for Brighton and Hove?
- What would the Liberal Democrats do for Brighton and Hove?
- What would the Conservative Party do for Brighton and Hove?
- What would UKIP do for Brighton and Hove?
- What would the Women’s Equality Party do for Brighton and Hove?
- Interview with Caroline Lucas (Green Party)
- Interview with Daniel Yates (Labour)
- Interview with Joe Miller (Conservatives)
- Interview with Duncan Moore and Ashley Ridley (Liberal Democrats)
- Interview with Beverley Barstow and Jessie Macneil-Brown (Women’s Equality Party)
- Interview with Nigel Furness (UKIP)
- Labour cling on in Brighton amid Green surge
- Farthing to stand down as Vice-Chancellor
- The Badger speaks to Mars-bound student
- Fossil fuel petition handed to University
- Northfield students freeze in “sub-par accommodation”
- Students occupy Sussex House in solidarity with Warwick protesters
- USSU radical restructure to be put to referendum
- ASLEF join RMT in Christmas rail strike action
- Southern enters another dispute with RMT
- Students’ Union campaigns for better-lit campus
- Brexit, a month later: The Badger finds out what Europeans think now